Property Development Manager
About the role
- Lead the development, implementation and monitoring of a real property strategy that complements the MCCA Group strategic vision, capabilities and opportunities.
- Exercising sound business judgement, identify, investigate and analyse development opportunities, including innovative solutions.
- Prepare land and property development business cases (including JV opportunities), including all aspects of feasibility investigations.
- Manage all aspects of the due diligence process including but not limited to feasibility studies, geotechnical evaluations, environmental assessments and surveys.
- Manage land and property development projects, including due diligence processes; stakeholder, consultant and contractor negotiation and liaison; risk mitigation; delivery within approved budget and timelines; to ensure the project progresses as anticipated including but not limited to critical dates within development agreements, leases, purchase agreements, permitting and construction.
- Manage accurate and comprehensive documentation including funder, consultant and contractor agreements.
- Prepare timely, accurate & professional (internal and external) reports and acquittals.
- Manage existing property assets (including development projects underway) by formulating, implementing and monitoring asset-specific management plans for all properties.
- Maintain excellent relations with all stakeholders including funders/financiers, contractors and regulators.
- Liaise with GM/MCCA Group real estate property leadership group, present to Board, in collaboration with the GM.
- Maintain compliance with relevant legislation and contractual obligations.
- As an organisational leader, contribute to strategy, management, decision-making and capacity building.
Benefits and perks
Remuneration negotiable including performance incentive.
Skills and experience
Minimum of 8 years of experience in mid-scale land development and/or construction project leadership.
BS degree in Engineering, Project Management, Real Estate Development, Construction or related field
Victorian White Card Holders.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of planning (including financial/ technical feasibility assessment) and successfully delivering land and property development projects within greater Melbourne.
- Demonstrated ability to self-start and lead teams/processes to achieve project and business outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise competing objectives and manage multiple projects at one time and meet deadlines.
- Ability to lead strategy development, business cases, and contribute options to advance projects and ensure risks are minimised and economic benefits maximised.
- Has a sound understanding of market, financial, technical, and people risks in assessing risks of land and property development projects.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Computer (MS OS) literate including project management software.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.